Research Indicates: Moringa Prevents Cancer
Many people with cancer inquire about herbal medicine as a complementary therapy after reading anecdotal reports of herbal cancer cures online.
One such herb, known as moringa tree, is reported to prevent and cure cancer.
Research has investigated moringa as a treatment for cancer, asthma, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and other diseases.
Moringa is a plant native to India, but it is grown worldwide in tropical and subtropical regions. There are 13 species of moringa that range in size — from leafy shrubs to tall trees. The most commonly harvested species, M. oleifera, is a small, fast-growing tree.
Cancer research on moringa has been conducted in test tubes and in mice, but not in humans. The studies involving test tubes and mice show moringa can kill several different types of cancer cells, but this hasn’t been confirmed in human clinical trials.
This means the available information on moringa and cancer is theoretical and hasn’t been proven or disproven in human clinical trials.
Cancer research on moringa tree has involved cancer prevention and treatment:
- A 2006 study published in the Journal of Experimental Therapeutics and Oncology reported that a molecule found in moringa killed ovarian cancer cells cultivated in a lab.
- A 2013 study published in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine examined the effects of moringa leaf extract on lung cancer cells cultivated in a lab. Researchers found the extract caused oxidative stress and DNA damage that killed the lung cancer cells.
- A 2014 study published in PLoS One also looked at the effects of moringa leaf extract on lung cancer cells cultivated in a lab. This study found moringa limited tumor growth and caused lung cancer cells to die.
- A 2015 review published in International Journal of Molecular Sciences reported on several studies that found moringa had anti-cancer effects on lab-cultivated cancer cells including pancreatic cancer cells, liver cancer cells, colon cancer cells and leukemia cells.
- A 2017 study published in the Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention found an extract from moringa leaves tested on several cancers in a lab reduced cancer cell growth and promoted cell death.
Full article – Research Studies: Moringa and Cancer.
To order Moringa Superfood today click here.